If you’re a Brenda Leipsic Dog Parker and also a fan of the Charleswood Off-leash Dog Park on Grant at the William R Clement Parkway (WRCP), here’s an update:
In mid 2014, City Council approved an upgrade of the timeline for the extension of the WRCP from Grant Ave to Wilkes from a medium-term goal to a short-range project.
The extension project will trigger the closure of the Charleswood Park.
Both Windog and BLDP sent representatives to the recent public consultation, and Windog garnered a stakeholder consultation on the park’s behalf. Continue reading Update: Charleswood dog park
The next Brenda Leipsic Dog Park board meeting will take place on April 28th from 7:00-9:30pm at 80 Derek Street.
1. Spring Event recap (incl. #’s from Dan and Andrea)
2. Logo update (if any): Kristy
3. New Sites Sub-Committee update (if any): Suz
4. Do we want to plan a summer event? Fundraiser?
5. Other Business
6. Open Chat: to sketch out ideas for planning/ layout of new Parker/Hurst site, prior to sit-downs with Transit /Wpg. Parks/ BRT Contractor’s Project Designers.
If you would like to attend as a guest please fill in the below form:
Hot Dogs in the Bark has been rescheduled for Wednesday, April 15th at 6pm.
Cross your fingers for warm weather. We’ll have a BBQ, prizes and Starbucks coffee!
- Meet at the bulletin board at 6pm for instructions.
- If possible, bring a light shovel, gloves and large pail.
- Lots of sizes of bags, sanitizer and other clean up items will be supplied.
- When you report in with pick up numbers you’ll receive a free ticket for the silent auction!
Thank you to our sponsors:
Earth Rated for their supply of bags and prizes, Home Depot for clean up supplies and Global Pet Food on Grant for a silent auction prize basket, Starbucks for a supply of coffee and Barks and Bubbles for some great prizes!
The spring clean up scheduled for Friday, April 3rd has been postponed because of weather conditions. A new date will be set ASAP. Stay tuned!
Brenda Leipsic Dog Park
Spring clean up event
Friday, April 3rd at 1:30pm
We all know what happens when the snow melts. Please come help us clean up the park and enjoy a hot dog, some music and a chance to win great prizes!
Continue reading Hot Dogs in the Bark!